Many brides don’t even search for affordable wedding dresses because they’ve grown so accustomed to the idea that wedding dresses have to be expensive to be beautiful. But Avery Austin has got great news for you: It doesn’t have to be this way! In fact, you can easily find your dream dress while staying within budget. Sound too good to be true? It’s not! Wedding dresses can be stunning and affordable at the same time, and you should never have to compromise on quality to find the perfect dress within your budget.
But with that said, finding affordable wedding dresses that are up to your standards doesn’t always feel easy. While there are many options for cheaper dresses, a lot of them are going to miss the mark, especially when it comes to quality fabrics, embellishments, and designs. Of course, you don’t want to wear a dress that you’re not happy with on your big day. That’s why Avery Austin is here to help you enjoy the best of both worlds by teaching you how to find affordable dresses without compromising on quality.
Keep on reading to find out how much affordable dresses are and how you can find them!
How Much Are Affordable Wedding Dresses?
Since brides spend an average of $1,600 on their wedding dresses (not including alterations), it’s a fair guess that what most people consider affordable wedding dresses would cost less than the average. Even if, for your budget, $1,600 seems reasonable for your wedding gown, just think about how halving that amount and putting the rest towards other things you’ll want for your wedding can make a huge difference in creating the event of your dreams!
So, how much do affordable wedding dresses usually cost according to most brides? Wedding dresses under $1,000 are a great start. Dresses in this price range are usually longer and more detailed, and it is typical for them to have higher-quality fabrics.
If you want your dress to be a bit cheaper than that, there are wedding dresses under $700 that are beautifully done and look more expensive than they seem. Want a lower price range? You can also consider bridal gowns under $500, which are often simpler in design but are nevertheless stunning.
To sum it all up, if you’re looking for affordable wedding dresses, then bridal gowns that cost $1,000 or less are the way to go! Avery Austin makes it easy to shop by price so you can find a salon-quality style within your budget. Check out the wedding dresses under $1,000, wedding dresses under $700, or wedding dresses under $500 to discover a gorgeous style that both you and your bank account are sure to love!
How to Find Affordable Wedding Dresses: Tips and Tricks
One of the best ways to keep your wedding expenses down is to find an affordable wedding dress, and the tips and tricks below are sure to help with that! Whether you have a tight wedding budget or prefer not to spend a fortune on your wedding dress, rest assured you can still find the bridal gown of your dreams without sacrificing quality, style, or comfort. Check out Avery Austin’s tips for how to find an affordable high-quality wedding dress (online or in bridal salons) that checks all of your boxes!
- Think Outside the Boutique: Traditional in-person boutiques are fun, but tend to be more expensive. This is especially true for smaller retailers who often need to mark up prices to still make a profit while covering costs for the storefront. Shopping online is often the most affordable approach. Instead of a limited inventory in-store, you’ll also have access to thousands of styles at the click of a button. Plus, you won’t have to go through the pressure of trying on dresses and being expected to buy one right then and there. You can shop at your convenience and skip over less affordable bridal gowns with zero guilt or social pressure! Plus, without a storefront to maintain, online retailers don’t have to increase prices to cover costs. That’s why you’ll see on every Avery Austin wedding dress just how much you’ll save when you compare the listed price for your affordable wedding dress online and what the price would be at a traditional salon.
- Think Beyond the Label: One of the biggest mistakes that a lot of brides make is assuming that they have to buy a name-brand wedding dress, or at least from a designer name they’ve heard about before, in order to get a quality gown. Not all designer labels are created equal. Just because you recognize the brand, quality is not guaranteed, but chances are that name does promise a higher price tag. There are many lesser-known but affordable wedding dress designers who offer high-quality, one-of-a-kind designs. If you want to save money on your wedding dress, be open to finding your dream dress anywhere. When you fall in love with a wedding dress, it doesn’t matter who made it!
- Get a Feel for Fabrics: The nicer the fabric, the higher the cost. In general, natural fabrics like silk and organza tend to be more expensive. On the other hand, fabrics like satin, tulle, and chiffon are more affordable. With that being said, these less expensive fabrics are still versatile enough to create any wedding dress look and can help lower your wedding dress price!
- Buy a Sample Dress: Bridal boutiques have sample dresses for brides-to-be to try on. When it is time to rotate the inventory, many boutiques and retailers sell their sample dresses at a discounted price. If you don’t mind wearing a dress that has been gently used, we definitely recommend checking the samples at the store. Bridal boutiques will likely give you a large discount if you come just before or a little bit after the season. At Avery Austin, our try-at-home samples are discounted 20% off, so if you’re trying on your gown and love it, you can keep the sample at a discounted price! Once you find one you like, all you have to do is take it for alterations.
- Dare to Be Different: It’s your wedding so you can wear any style you want! A wedding dress doesn’t have to be an actual wedding dress. You can wear a long white evening gown as a wedding dress, or perhaps even a cocktail dress. Plus, you can make alterations to make it look more like a wedding dress, but this won’t be necessary if you’re already in love with the non-traditional look.
- Say “I Do” with Affordable Wedding Dresses at Avery Austin: Wedding dresses don’t have to be expensive to be of great quality. At Avery Austin, discover one of the best selections of stunning wedding gowns that won’t break the bank. For as low as $395, you can look like a million bucks while walking down the aisle without actually spending it! Aside from affordable wedding dresses, there’s also a Try-at-Home Program that allows you to try on wedding dresses at home. No commitments; just pick 1-3 samples, and we will ship them to you so that you can try them on in the comfort of your own home. And, as mentioned above, if you fall in love with one of the sample dresses, you can purchase it at a discount to save even more!
It’s no secret that weddings are expensive. Even if you’re having a micro wedding, it can still cost you a pretty penny. (Be sure to check out our blog all about them if you just asked yourself what’s a micro wedding?) That’s why it’s important to consider all the ways you could save money so that you can keep the wedding costs within your budget. One of the best ways to keep your wedding expenses down is to use the tips and tricks above to find an affordable AND high-quality wedding dress. Now that you know how and where to find affordable wedding dresses, you can shop confidently for styles with quality craftsmanship and unique designs.